Optimizing treatment of status epilepticus
Dr Husain discusses designing and performing various clinical trials for medications used to treat status epilepticus.
- Husain AM, Lee JW, Kolls BJ, et al. Randomized trial of lacosamide versus fosphenytoin for nonconvulsive seizures. Ann Neurol. 2018;83:1174-1185.
- Rosenthal ES, Claassen J, Wainwright MS, et al. Brexanolone as adjunctive therapy in super-refractory status epilepticus. Ann Neurol. 2017;82:342-352.
Dr Aatif M. Husain has reported the following commercial interests occurring within the past 12 months:
• Personal compensation for consulting: UCB Pharmaceuticals, Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Biogen Idec, Sage Therapeutics, Eisai Pharmaceuticals, Marinus Pharmaceuticals, and Neurelis Pharmaceuticals
• Research funding: UCB Pharmaceuticals, Biogen Idec, Sage Therapeutics, and Marinus Pharmaceuticals
• Royalties: Springer, Demos Medical Publishing, and Wolters Kluwer
• Editorship: Wolters Kluwer